Our cute Fairy Suitcase is an easy DIY craft to make out of a matchbox and some wrapping paper.
DIY crafts from paper make great little treats to leave outside your child’s fairy door as they are quick, easy and inexpensive.
Don’t throw away your matchboxes, turn them into decorative pieces for your fairy door, fairy house or dollshouse. In this blog we show you how to make a Fairy Suitcase.
- Nice Paper
- The the middle out of the matchbox.
- Wrap some pretty wrapping paper around the outside of the matchbox and trim to the right size
- Glue the paper around the outside of the matchbox (to cover it)
4. Glue some small pieces of paper to cover the insides of the slide-out matchbox piece
5. Slide the matchbox back together
6. Cut 2 thin strips of pretty paper that measure around the outside matchbox width ways and cut to size … These will be the stripes around the suitcase
7. Wrap each strip around the matchbox and glue down
8. Cut another little strip of paper to use as a fairy suitcase handle
9. Glue the little handle on to the top of the suitcase
Then you can even decorate your little fairy suitcase with tiny travel stickers. And by using different coloured paper, you can create different sets of fairy suitcases.